… So you got your customer and you can see dollar signs written all over them – now what? What will make you stand out from the crowd or from their previous provider? If you have competition – chances are there are a lot of people that do what you do or sell what you sell. So how do you stand out?
Consider asking your new clients, prospects and current clients the following:
- What made you decide to use our services/buy our products?
- What’s one thing we do better than others you do business with?
- How can we improve on our services/products?
- Do you refer us to others? If no – why not?
- What would you Google to find a service like ours?
- What didn’t you like about your previous service provider?
- What methods of communication do you prefer?
- How do our prices compare to what you paid in the past or to what you expected?
- To target a niche – Which professional and trade associations are you a member of that are specific to your line of business?
- To target a niche – Which social networking tools do you use or regular blogs that you read?
Don’t you think the above will help you identify where you can improve at a business level and areas where you may be able to improve on a particular area for the client in question.
Have you got any other must ask questions for your clients and prospects?