The 2009 ANZ Women and Money Confidence Report found that 45% of Australian women have saved less than they had hoped in the last 12 months and 51% of women would last less than three months on their current savings if they lost their job and still had to pay their usual bills.
In response – the ANZ bank has launched FebuSave – a month to promote saving.
To aid your journey, why don’t you try cutting down on some of the following, as suggested by the ANZ Bank:
- Buying lunch
- Driving to work
- Eating Out
The above too hard? – Find a saving strategy for you.
- Get together with some friends and pool your resources.
- Have a bbq with your friends at a local park or your own backyard
- Set up automatic transfers (or increase current ones)
- Shop at the markets for your fruit and veg as opposed to Coles or Woolies
- Have a picnic to celebrate Valentines Day as opposed to paying enormous costs for fresh roses and inflated restaurant prices
- Buy office stationary in bulk
- Check your mobile phone expenditure
- Review your bank account charges.
Every $$$ counts. With Christmas spending finally out of the way – get your budget back into gear and save!
Let us know what your saving on this February (and/or beyond!)!
Need help with your budget? Or need to set up a budget? We would like nothing more to see you closer to your goals. Give us a call for FREE tips and tools specific to you, your family or your business to get you there quicker!